Monday, 18 July 2011

Promise Kept aka The Finally Enough Pride


 6.30am – I’ve woken up and am sitting, staring into nowhere, for quite some time. Didn’t have much to sleep due to the massive job I have to do today, preparing my stencilish thingies until 2am.
7.43am – Arriving at the studio. The rather artsy balcony feels great in such a sunny and mildly breezy afternoon.
7.55am – Kind of happy – no need to actually make an easel. Found a kind of sappy one already lying on the ground here. Weird. But still very good – works for the thing I need to do.
8.00am – Unpacking. I had taken quite a lot of junk with me, as there is a whole bunch of things that have to be done today. Here’s the list.
Montana 94 Black
Montana 94 White
Montana Spray Adhesive
Respirator (This IS needed if ever spraying anything, believe me)
Scalpel
Scalpel knife
Paper knife (Just in case)
2 Markers
Pencil
3 Notebooks, each about a certain part of [Bli:p]s’ business start
Digital camera
Some batteries (Yes, my old-school digital camera still needs batteries)
2 B1 sheets of acetate
1 B1 sheet of sticker paper
Unfinished stencil – Free Ad Space (BebasNeue)
Finished stencil – Free Ad Space (BostonTraffic) (For some stickers)
Unfinished stencil – Body; Soul
Finished stencil – Measure yourselves
600mm X 300mm Canvas
Giant roll of cardboard (Floor protection)
Pair of Scissors
Acer Laptop
Laptop charger
8.15am – It’s on. I was planning to do almost all of the canvas’ pieces today. That included Free Ad Space, Measure Yourselves and Body – Soul, leaving Braille to be done next time due to the lack of necessary components. Some stickers – I was just messin’ mainly, trying out some Body – Soul , Persona Non Grata and Free Ad space stencils onto the glossy glue paper I’ve got. Nothing of a pilot-y feel, but this phase is still a MUST for [Bli:p]s’ business thing. (As you may know, I’ve already pronounced that all of the stickers will be printed with a laser printer, not spray painted. This is to keep excellent quality, 100% monotonousness and price as low as possible.)

Lookie, We've got visual thingies!

The start. As every artist in the world, I begin with a snow-white canvas.

 My ever so small work desk. 3 cans, computer and some acetate. What more could you want?

Heh, modificating easels with hand-sprayed stickers. 

Spray space. Promising.

Trashing.

The first stencil has been adhesed to the canvas.

And here's the first canvas. If I were you, I'd want a one so bad right now.

Who's Ed?


Looking like that when bought. MAGIC.

 A rather sappy image of the Free Ad Space. RAWR, I will have to make it again.

And in the end...  destruction
 

  
To resume this whole thing, I feel happy about myself. I got over my rather sad inability of will and did the right thing. It's great to actually have something done and stored for selling, not a vague conception in your notebook.


 Cargoh! Here I come!
                                                                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.