I’ve been forgetting something for this whole time because of the ‘cargoh-selling-frienzy’. For the last few weeks everything I’ve been doing is constantly writing some business plans, tweeting like mad and sorting out some problems for the Cargoh store setup. And all this for what? My mind, blindfolded by the theoretical money, had produced a silly idea of me getting incredibly wealthy over my art in no time, thus evoking a very upsetting feature of my mind – greed. And I don’t care what Mistabishi says about the goods of Greed and the great features it gives to the world – in art greed is something completely unacceptable. Apparently, for last weeks I’ve put my complete priority over money and have completely forgotten of the actual process of graffiti. I had forgotten of the whole essence of street art – the fun your finished work can give to you. I have visited Twiends, googled for some advice on Twitter managing and done some pretty idiotic things just to fill my wallet with theoretical money. I’m here to make a confession and to make sure I never let this get to me again. Blogging, Tweeting and Flickring is completely acceptable, but only in one case – when your priorities are of the fun you might get from it and the ideas you share and the people who could use them to actually make their lives better. My agenda is not anymore to jeopardize street art by making money, but to maintain its’ original point. This being said, I’m not going to even think about raising my blog or twitter stats, so people would know me better. My only goal right now is to make great art. GCO is going to happen, but under completely different agendas.
Confession made,
Complete douche
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.