Sunday, 17 July 2011

Promises Suck aka The Never Enough Parade

 I just broke my skateboard. Just like that – apparently, Jart decks are a) not so good b) being held in the storage of Boards.lv for a long, long time or c) great, just this one was a factory failure. The cracking sound literally broke my whole world at that little moment. I wasn’t even allowing a thought of ‘breaking board’ come into my mind – I believed these objects of a certain price and quality run for at least a season, possibly even two. But well – as another 30 lats get smashed right in front of my eyes/feet, I can’t help but to notice the possible moment of conspiracy. For the last days I had completely forgotten ‘bout making art, so probably this wasn’t such an accident. I mean, look at me now – I need at least 30 lats to buy myself a new waste of time and energy, so I need to open my cargoh store as soon as possible. Chain of needs, resulting in me doing something worth doing at all. That’s just weird.
 You know – June was a wonderful month for both me, my art, my skate skills and both InvadingSAM and the Twitter. It was great to see more people actually taking interest in [Bli:p]s’ world. 11 posts of ISAM and god knows how many tweets made a great, GREAT 30 days of an interesting real-time adventure. July was something of a bit different kind. The month has already kicked halfway through and all I’ve done is – played through Marc Ecko’s Getting Up AND Bioshock; landed a Kickflip (Wooooooooooooooooooo) (Right before cracking the OBJECT); learned to jump onto little boxes with my board without falling off instantly and made some terrible canvas pieces I’m trying to forget about. 1 ISAM post. Miserable. So – from now on the next 14 days are going to be spent on YOU GUYS! 1000000% art making, starting with the complete buyable product photos tomorrow. Also – Making an easel tomorrow to allow me to make art in the best way possible. Doubley also – TRYING to release a blog post daily ‘til the end of July. No promises shall be made, but a considerable amount of effort shall be put into doing the thing. That I can promise. I mean - I 'aven't got anything else to do anyways.... Oh and yeah – no late night action from now on – the right thing is to sleep for about 7 hours, but not from 4 ‘til 11 am. Will be trying to revert to the regular 11 pm to 6 am thing – that is so much more productive in every way.
 But again. I shall be judged by my cliche’s and my spray paint can, not the meaningless words I like to use so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.