Last time around I explained a lot of everything I had made in the past months. The insights and the ideas behind it all sorted a lot out not only for me but hopefully for you all too. In a pursuit of making this a regular thing, we're here again with a bunch of pics and a story behind it all.
The Avarage
Normality is something that poked around my brain for a long time. Terms like madness usually set me thinking the matter over and over again, but I never got to the core of it all. And a few days back when caught with a bad fever it came back. An angle was really all I needed, I was getting closer, putting all sorts of rulers and geometrical marks of the middle of the sticker that all could've made the message clear, but just didn't really look right. I wasn't very far as it played out more geometrical than ever, adding the third axis to the drawing. The personality set in a cube in a search for the middle, splitting itself until everything that's left is not only what wasn't being searched for in the beginning, but much less of what it started with. It was a real pain in the arse to make as I had different tries of the idea, presenting various angles that never really looked nice. The thing I settled with was the one you're viewing - a geometrically right, eye catching image with a slight scenery-setting word slanted all over it. It reminds me of the Hourglass piece I did this summer in a way, as the word was crucial for the idea even to be considered understandable, where the watch in the other piece was crucial to the text to be put in any kind of context at all. Anyways, I was really happy with the idea as it uncovered throughout the making of the sticker. The geometrical drawing did it's part, making the personality splits decreasing in size every time around. It's just one of those things for me that even the creator goes 'oh shit, there's more to it' about.
Incomprehension.
One of the few collaborations I've ever done actually - the idea and a visual throw up got on the pc from Snow, a god damn talented artist who just happens to be my mom. And as with almost everything she's done, this too turned out to be fucking amazing. The sheer irony of it all was overwhelming, but as I was taking my time with the design of it, it came to me what it was really about. And I've written a couple of stories about it, it has peeked it's way into some slaps and it's genuinely a matter that affects all of us every day. Because there is nothing in the world more human like than incomprehension. It is not the things we know that results in cities rising from dust. It is the unfathomable, the curiosity that perpetually gets back to us asking of the genesis of everything we have, are or will be doing. Oh and it turns out that the idea came to Snow's mind cause of an actual art website using a Captcha before allowing to search you anything. Heh.
The Void.
The silence is the insight. The lack of matter. The words that are not here. The words that should not be here. The emptiness... ... and the purity.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.