Saturday, 31 December 2011

Hear me ramble.

I haven't felt this empty for a long, long time. The question is here, my friends - who am I shaping myself into? And not to confuse this with our only question of life - Who am I? - let's retrospect my life in the past days, weeks and even months of this winter. Only one thing sparks through my mind - laziness. The completely useless, stupid, life-deteriorating thing there is. The lack of freedom, the [bli:p] of our bodies to do things we like and love. The short minded, narrow vision of thinking only about near future, not distancing ourselves to see the benefits in a longer time span. THAT. And frankly I've slipped into that. I've let me trick myself. Life can't go on like this. It shouldn't. Saying [bli:p] is bad, yet letting your mind play the exact scenario on you life, is just stupid. 


A clean slate, perhaps?




A better version of the boy behind the can?


Well, we can start off by dropping off the few things I've surprisingly managed to produce in the by-gone months of coldness. Digi-mockups, of course, but I hope you will find enough warmth in your heart to forgive me.
Okay, first off we got our Under piece. To formulate the depth in a simple, short piece, has always caught my mind. The seeming loop was quite annoying, producing mockups from simple ingredients of the wheatpasted material on the wall to absurd, literal phrases of the inner-thought. The loop has been broken. I've managed to slip through the literal, absurd and over-concentrated to find this being the best solution possible.
  
To explain this better - If we imagined that the very dark background of this blog was a wall, the white rectangle would be the wheatpasted the material, thus making the word "under" itself cut out. It's simple as hell, but are you sure that the idea is so too?

A lot of cancelled projects we're passed into [bli:p]'s mind to lately, seeming ever so promising at start, later leaving me kind of confused and angry with myself for not being able to untangle my own thread of thought. Well, I've always wanted for you to understand what I'm trying to show with this thing and what it matters, changes and develops within me. So, as they might seem sort of interesting to you, I'll drop them off anyways.

The first one later just untangled itself like a subconscious snob move of my brains, but I sincerely hope it's not true. One way of understanding it was of the point we all back up to see ourselves, to be able to rate ourselves much like what a lot of philosophers have written about. The person or rather a point we need to stand at to see ourselves in a different light. But I believe there are tons of better ways to show that, so I just scratched this one.
And the second... Well, a play on icons, a thing I love to do lately, presenting the usual EXIT logo, modified to a scene of a man running into a wall. Some difficulties were spotted of people not realizing "what is that bar in front of him", so the concept itself failed upon release. Thought behind it? Well, a dead end it is, a dead end for graffiti until people start thinking of it differently, until people starting to notice the good and great of it, not saying its bad just cause they're supposed to. That. I struggled to connect this image with graffiti, being that a dead end can be understood widely, even when stuck on a wall.

And in other news - I've pulled out all my notebooks from earlier this winter and have found a rather pleasing sight. I had produced something worth posting here, even if they are just simple sketches of pieces I'm planning to do. One turned out being a finished project of the Dead-end case, a stunning work I enjoyed myself even though I made it myself. And the second one... Damn, you'll never have seen [bli:p] like this. It's a shame it's 5 in the morning here and my printer/scanner tends to beep like mad when turned on. I would rather not wake up my neighbors in such a lovely holiday of new year's. So once again - I leave you all with a promise. A promise for being better, better both for myself and you guys.


So to sum this up - If I turn up here tomorrow, things are rocking from now on. If I don't... Well, I've probably fallen into the hands of the lazy-internet side. 


Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.