Saturday, 7 January 2012

Winternap

Let's say something about the current weather outside. I can't stand the mess outside.


Not only does winter withholds me from doing physical activities every day. And by that I mean my wonderful activity of choice – skateboarding. In any other type of year I’d just grab a sweater or anything that would suffice the weather outside and go out. Now it’s snowing. Obviously that kills everything about the get&go charm of this thing.
 Another hilarity that actually affects you and your interest in street art is my graffiti productivity. I had rambled a lot about how snow holds me inside, leaving me piling ideas and ideas of [bli:p]. Or more of it seemed like that. Now that the real winter has kicked in all I want to do is lay around and do nothing. The weather is just pressing me down to the ground. The gray mess out there is just annoying to me - obviously it doesn't hold me from bombing the streets or sitting down and writing a blog like I'm doing right now, but what does a street artist post if he can't produce anything? I don't mean to say that I'm always eager to force myself into things, but winter certainly kills some parts of my creativity. Maybe it's in the fact that I do see less of the world around me. Sure, internet is a freaking gateway to life and the many aspects of it, but the real deal is the real life feelings that transforms your thoughts into brand new ideas to delight your readers with. And it's freaking cold outside. I can't stand being cold. I have had some certain parts of my enjoyable little memories happening in winter, but those only pop up the first time I open my window and feel the cold breeze and the scent of winter. Or maybe the first time I touch the snow, shining in the morning sun. But all of the other times I open my window is to check whether the asphalt is dry or not. At least then I can step outside on my board, wearing two shirts a sweater and some gloves. Fun times. 
 Not to make this a rambling blog that gets you down - there are a few things I love about winter. Like the really, really cold days when the sky turns so blue there's not a single cloud in sight. When the snow crackles below your boots and you can see your breath. Or the first time you open your eyes and everything is white around you. Those few things are pretty awesome. But as we all now - that occurs so so rarely the greyness gets you down a lot faster. 

Too bad we can't winter sleep. Or at least winter nap. 


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.