Saturday, 14 January 2012

You Could Have It So Much Better (2005)

I've heard people saying that jazz does not kill depression, but effectively sweeps it in the corners of any room it's being played in. And to be honest with you - I can't find a better way of describing any kind of music.
 Gorillaz, Black Keys, White Stripes, Raconteurs, Dead Weather, Doors, Kasabian, Dub fx, Kills. I could go on for miles. Miles and miles of life-changing experiences literally hyper-linking to every single digitally arranged note coming out of my iPod. A decent music gets you out of any problem in life. And that is the truth. Because within music lies not only the experience of getting away of your troubles, but an essential energy needed for me to start the day. Talk about coffee? Hell, we've got Handsome Furs tearing the roof off. And we've awoken. 
 I've always thought that expressing yourself matters the most. And I've been pressed down by the lack of confidence or laziness, but the moment when somebody out there appreciates your work simply takes everything in a whole different level. And to express yourself in any possible way - whether it's music, rhythm, lyrics, poetry, art or anything you do that makes you feel better and makes others feel good too, is just what gets us forward in life. Music being one of the key factors for me... I mean - it's the complete concatenation of words, rhythm and melody that not only makes you imagine stuff like you would do when reading, but presents a live packet of already born emotions and thoughts right to you. And yet it still leaves space for your own interpretation of the heard packet. I mean - it's a gateway to everything I feel good about in life.



  


This is my message in a bottle for my children, their children and the many generations there will be. Learn to truly LOVE music, to cherish every single note of a masterpiece that has come into your hands. Because, as stated by Kurt Vonnegut, THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC.
 


Remember this, lads.



Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.